The current location of this role is at Jandakot but the workshop will be moving to Armadale within the next 6 Months
The Panel Beater and Spray Painter (PBSP) is a part of the Workshop Team reporting directly to the Workshop Manager, Supervisor or Operations Manager. Your work will be a critical factor in the Company’s overall performance.
PBSP’s will be responsible for the preparation of surfaces, paint stripping and maintenance of all paint work to ensure all vehicles in the fleet are continually running at their maximum potential.
The goal is to ensure the smooth running of business according to established policies and vision.
Must be able to pass Drug & Alcohol test.
Tasks including but not limited to:
· Prepare surfaces to be painted by hand or machine
· Paint stripping and painting of metallic and composite surfaces
· Application of corrosion prevention processes
· Maintenance of spray painting equipment
· Preparing and masking up of motor vehicles, spray painting various products to the underside and internals of vehicles and final clean up and presentation to customers
· Mix and match paint by eye or by using computer technology to ensure correct colour match
· Apply primer and finishing coats using spray guns and rub down surfaces between coats
· Touch up paintwork and apply polish to vehicles
· Remove masking papers before waxing and polishing finished paintwork
· Paint signs or artwork on vehicles
· Treat vehicles with rust-proofing chemicals
· Comply with all Company procedures including Workplace Health and Safety procedures
· Ensure the workshop is maintained in a clean and safe state