Our Clayton workshop currently requires a trade qualified and experienced Auto Electrician to join their team!
ABOUT THE ROLE
Reporting to the Service Supervisor you will be required to diagnose, service and repair a wide range of Caterpillar earthmoving equipment including air-conditioning systems. You’ll also maintain a safe working environment and ensure customer satisfaction and value for money on all jobs.
We offer alternating shifts 6:00am to 2:30pm or 7:30am to 4:00pm or ongoing set shifts. You will have a monthly RDO to use at your leisure (pre-arranged and approved).
Key responsibilities of this role include:
- Trouble shooting and repairs of all types of CAT equipment
- Guide and mentor Trade Assistants and Apprentices
- Ensuring accurate service reports, timely ordering of parts and standard operating procedures (SOP's) are followed
- Maintaining a high level of presentation standards
- Assisting diesel technicians with machine services and repairs
To be considered for this role we are looking for the following skills, experience & attributes:
- Australian recognised Trade Certificate in Automotive Electrical Fitting or relevant equivalent
- Air Conditioning ARC accreditation
- Current Australian Driver's License
- Excellent safety awareness
- Strong experience with Auto Electrical fault finding and diagnostics
- Caterpillar equipment experience and a solid knowledge of the Caterpillar product (highly desirable)
- Experience in a similar role/industry
The branch has a well-equipped workshop supported by company-sponsored technical training. You will have the opportunity to work with a great, dedicated team and use your initiative and motivation to provide top class customer service.